Fire breaks out at restaurant in Kolkata’s Park Street; no one injured

0
1
webnexttech | Fire breaks out at restaurant in Kolkata’s Park Street; no one injured
#image_title

A fire broke out in a restaurant located on the terrace of a high-rise building on Tuesday morning at Park Street and Camac Street crossing in Central Kolkata. Officials said no one was injured in the fire at the restaurant. After the fire was reported around 10.30 am at the Park Center high-rise which has a nightclub and restaurant on the top floor, the Kolkata fire brigade deployed 15 engines and controlled the blaze after two hours. According to officials, there were flammable materials inside the restaurant, including gas cylinders. They added the ceiling of the restaurant was covered with asbestos, and as soon as the fire started, it quickly spread to the roof. As a precautionary measure, the fire brigade promptly removed the cylinders. Kolkata fire department officials said three to four people who were trapped inside were already brought out. After that, efforts to put out the fire started in full swing, it added. The Kolkata police later said no one was trapped inside. “There was no news of casualties. We will investigate along with the fire brigade after controlling the fire,” said a police officer. People from nearby residential buildings and offices came out on the street after the fire was reported.

0 0 votes
Article Rating
Subscribe
Notify of
guest
0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments