Home » latest » Police launch probe after man attacked with ‘noxious substance’ in graveyard
police launch probe after man attacked with noxious substance in graveyard
Categorieslatest

Police launch probe after man attacked with ‘noxious substance’ in graveyard

Police have launched an investigation after a man was attacked with a “noxious substance” in a graveyard. The victim sustained burns and remains in hospital – but his injuries are described as non-life threatening, police said. The substance was thrown at the victim as he entered St Laurence Graveyard in Ramsgate, Kent, at about 8.20pm on Sunday, he reported to the force. He was taken to a local hospital for treatment to burns to the back of his head. No arrests have so far been made and police continue to make inquiries in the local area, the force said. Chief inspector Ian Swallow, district commander for Thanet, urged anyone who may have witnessed anything to get in touch. He said: “Anyone with dashcam or doorbell footage in the area from Margate Road, on to Newington Road and Manston Road, please could you check for anything that may help officers with the investigation. “Incidents like these are rare but we do not underestimate the impact it has on a community and as a result an increased police presence will be seen in the area as we continue to carry out inquiries.” Anyone with information has been asked to contact Kent Police on 01843 222289, quoting reference 46/23590/24.

0 0 votes
Article Rating
Subscribe
Notify of
guest
0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
0
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
()
x
Verified by MonsterInsights