Cruel carers caught abusing gran, 89, on Fool Me Once-style hidden camera

webnexttech | Cruel carers caught abusing gran, 89, on Fool Me Once-style hidden camera
0 0 votes
Article Rating

The harrowing moment cruel carers mocked and pinned down a dementia-suffering gran was captured by a Fool Me Once-style secret camera in her bedroom.Chilling footage also showed one heartless worker forcibly grab the 89-year-old and hit her over the head with a pillow.
Sisters Danielle and Rebecca Hinsley had complained to staff at the Wolverhampton care home in February 2020, when a dramatic change in their grandmother Beryl Wall’s behaviour, coupled with bruises on her body, raised their suspicions.
But the pair decided to take matters into their own hands after being left dissatisfied with the response.
They bought a £120 Yi Eye Wi-Fi camera from Amazon and disguised it in a picture frame on their nan’s bedroom wall, mirroring scenes from the Harlan Coben Netflix drama starring Michelle Keegan.
Over a period of four days, the shocked relatives witnessed wicked Wolverhampton care home workers make fun of the pensioner and aggressively hold her legs in the air.
READ MORE: Face of evil rapist who attacked teen in club toilet We are now on WhatsApp.
Join our dedicated community here One clip showed a carer forcibly grab Mrs Wall before hitting her over the head with a pillow.
Disgraced staff also branded Mrs Wall ‘disgusting’ as they pinned her down while they attempt to clean and dress her.
Evidence captured by Danielle, 36, and Rebecca, 39, was taken to the care home managers, the Care Quality Commission and West Midlands Police.
It resulted in carers Ame Tunkara, 33, Morounranti Adefila, 43, Danny Ohen, 39, and Bridget Aideyan,49, being charged and later convicted of ill-treatment and wilful neglect.
They were jailed for a total of 18 months at Wolverhampton Crown Court last year.
Danielle, a stay-at-home mum with five children, said: “She first went into the care home in April 2019 and the abuse started in February 2020 – just before lockdown.
Her behaviour changed, she started hitting me and my sister.
She was whacking us and screaming at us, telling us to get out.
“We went in the next day she had bruises on her elbows, face, head and wrists.
That was what was visible to us, there was a lot more over her body we couldn’t see.
We called the management straight in and they just asked us to email the pictures.
It wasn’t good enough so went out and ordered the camera straight away.” She continued: “We knew somebody was hurting her.
The bruises on the wrist weren’t alarming, but we knew something was up from the bruises on the face.
They were above her chin and eyebrow.
We were angry more than anything.
The camera came the next day and we took it to the home.
We left it a couple of days and when we brought it home what we saw was just horrific.” The sisters said it “broke their hearts” as they watched endless hours of abuse captured on the motion-activated camera.
Danielle, from Wolverhampton, said she Ohen’s abuse had affected her the most, adding: “The man was the worst.
He was hitting her over the head with a pillow.
He was mocking her because she couldn’t talk properly, he was pinching her face, holding her legs.
He was telling her he was going to phone the police.
“The other woman was staring at her and holding a towel over her.
They were holding her legs up like a baby, she was screaming.
We were heartbroken and angry.
We went straight to the home and told one of the nurses.
They told regional managers.
The police were called.
Everything was dealt with within an hour.
Because covid hit, it took so long to get to court.” Mrs Wall, a beloved grandmother-of-six, great-grandmother of 12 and the great-great grandmother-of-one, had been suffering with dementia since 2015.
Tragically, the passed away on October 6 last year, aged 92 – shortly after her abusers were found guilty.
Speaking about the jail sentences handed to the carers, Danielle said: ““Because it was Christmas, that was the best punishment, them not being able to spend Christmas with their family.
I wish it was longer but we thought they might get suspended sentences.
“We believe nan waited for the trial to end because she took a turn quite quickly and stopped eating when we told her the verdict.
The week after the verdict she passed away.
It was like she was waiting to know.
She was my everything and always will be my everything.” Tunkara and Adefila, both from Walsall, were found guilty last May and jailed for four months each on December 8.
Ohen and Aideyan, who both live in Wolverhampton, were convicted in September and jailed for six and four months respectively on November 14.
When sentencing the culprits, Judge Campbell described the footage as “chilling” and added: “I hope the lady’s family are content that justice has been served.” Three of the four workers were from an agency and one was a permanent member of staff.
The family did not wish to name the care home, which is now under new management.
They said their reason for the decision was due to other staff being ‘amazing’ with Mrs Wall.

0 0 votes
Article Rating
0 0 votes
Article Rating
Notify of
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments